Arielle Skirt by Tilly & the Buttons
The second contender in my Battle of Mini Wrap Skirts for Fall is the Arielle Skirt by Tilly & the Buttons. It is a button up wrap skirt that comes with two length options. I purchased the PDF version and made the shorter skirt in size 5. I think I shortened it by an inch or two but I honestly cannot remember for the life of me (sorry guys).
So, I am not even sure what type of fabric I used but I think it may be a lightweight suiting material. I chose some adorable ladybug buttons to go with the hounds tooth. I found them in my local craft store Laurie Dash & Sons. Actually I had both bees and ladybugs and you guys voted on Instagram for ladybugs! Great choice 🙂 Now on to the pros and cons for comparison.
- The pattern comes in multiple sizes… I chose my size according to the finished garment measurements and I found that it was completely on point.
- My fabric didn’t have any stretch (although a little stretch was recommended) and it had great shape and fit which isn’t normal for me.
- Very very clear instructions including photos and you can find additional info on the website.
- The hem is straight which allows for extremely easy length adjustment.
- The mini skirt version only used 1 yard of fabric!
- Obviously the Arielle Skirt by Tilly & the Buttons is not a free pattern as are the other 2 contenders.
- The PDF pattern had 40 pages to put together! That’s quite a lot for a skirt. I’ve made dresses with half that amount.
- My machine refused to do buttonholes on my particular fabric. Let’s just say I ended up with some pretty rachet buttonholes, but that’s not the pattern’s fault.
Hubby says this one is his favourite. It was really comfortable to wear; I didn’t have to do any pulling and tugging throughout the day. The sizing was great. I could have taken in the waist but I moved the top two buttons a bit instead. Next time I make this pattern, I will adjust the waist maybe quarter inch on each side. All in all, it was a fairly easy make, so I will definitely recommend this pattern to anyone who has had their eye on it, just go for it! It’s drafted really well, as are all Tilly & the Buttons patterns I’ve made so far. Let me know in the comments below which skirt is your favourite so far!
If You Missed It, Don’t Forget to Check Out Contender 1 – Lesley skirt by Burda Style
For More Sewing Fun, Check Out My Other Looks Here